This year due to COVID-19 restriction much-loved Beachside Dash has gone virtual and so too has the Beachside Dash School Cup Challenge!
The School Cup Challenge is a competition held within the Beachside Dash Charity Fun Run and is a great opportunity for primary school children to take part representing their school.
Students have the chance to help win $1000 for their school and win race prizes for themselves.
To participate in the Primary School Challenge:
- Participants must attend the school in years K-6
- there must be a minimum of 5x 2km participants from each school
- 1st prize will be awarded to the primary school with the most 2km participants overall
The School Cup Challenge Prize is
- A $1000.00 voucher for the winning school
- Beachside Dash School Cup Challenge Perpetual Trophy
- Visit from SSMRF with the opportunity for a school-wide assembly featuring the trophy presentation, medical researcher guest speaker, Beachside Dash ambassadors.
The competition is open to Primary School students from St George and Sutherland Shire schools in the 2km event.
The winner of the School Cup Challenge will be announced on Monday 30th November 2020. The winner will be announced on our website, social media and the school will be contacted. We will then organise a time to come in and present the trophy at your school assembly.
How to get involved
Are you a school? We would love your school to get involved and help promote the Beachside Dash. The more students you have enter the more chances you have of winning! And it doesn’t cost your school anything to enter, students / families who enter pay for their own registration.
How to Register
Registration is easy, all students need to do is nominate your school when entering and they will not only be running for their own personal achievement, but also to help win for your school.
Registration for the 2km Dash is $20.00 per single entry or $15 per group entry. We suggest forming a team and registering the students at the same time.
- Students register online
- Select the 2KM DASH
- Complete your details
- Select YES to participating in the Schools Challenge
- Select your school from the drop-down list
After registration students
- Start training to #RunforResearch
- Run for 2km Dash race anytime between Friday 27th – Sunday 29th
- Please note, students who wish to compete for the race prizes must track and submit your virtual time via the sportsplits tracker app, no other time tracking will be accepted. The race event and timing must be completed during the designated event timeframe. The judge’s decision on the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Once registered students will receive information on how to download and use the Sportsplits tracker app.
Below is the School Cup Challenge poster for you to share at your school, in the School Newsletter or Facebook page.