We are excited to announce the 2020 Beachside Dash is going Virtual!
The Beachside Dash was first established in 2008 by SSMRF to raise funds to support medical research in the local hospitals. Since that time, approximately 1000 people participate in the Dash each year!
This year the Beachside Dash turns 13, over the years it has evolved year on year and is now a much-loved Sydney fun run with a race for everyone.
But the Dash is more than just a fun run, it plays an important role in raising awareness and much needed funds to support research in our local hospitals…giving back to the researchers, doctors and healthcare workers who care for our communities every day.
We invite you to be part of Dash history and help the Virtual Beachside Dash continue to raise much needed funds for medical research.
The Virtual Dash Fun Facts
Participants can Run for Research, anytime, anywhere between:
- 5am AEST Friday 27th November until 10pm AEST on Sunday 29th November
- Dash race events: 2km, 5km, 10km and 21.5km
- Race prizes: Prize across all race events will be available for people who wish to enter and time their run.
- Fundraising: Participants can create a fundraising page and help raise funds for SSMRF
All participants will receive a Virtual Beachside Dash welcome pack including:
- Beachside Dash race bib
- Beachside Dash bling (race medal for those post-race selfies)
- #RunforResearch cheer stix
- Free access to Virtual Beachside Dash timing APP
Fun features include:
- Access to training tips from ambassadors
- Video messages and content from event sponsors
- Social media photo competitions
- Fundraising prizes
- Weekly registration giveaway prizes (commencing Friday 25th September)