Students have the chance to help win a ‘behind-the-scenes guided tour of Sydney Airport for 60 students‘ for their school and win race prizes for themselves
The School Cup Challenge is a competition held within the Beachside Dash Charity Fun Run and is a great opportunity for primary school children to take part in representing their school.
To participate in the Primary School Challenge:
- Participants must attend the school in years K-6
- For your school to be eligible to participate in the Schools Cup Challenge, a minimum of ten students must register from your school and participate in the 2022 2km Dash event.
- For the school challenge to be activated a minimum of three schools must meet the eligibility of a minimum of ten students.
The School Cup Challenge Prize is
- Winning school receives a behind-the-scenes guided tour of Sydney Airport for 60 students, donated by Sydney Airport.
- Beachside Dash School Cup Challenge Perpetual Trophy
- A trophy presentation at your school.
About the behind-the-scenes guided tour of Sydney Airport for 60 students
Students will be picked up from school in the morning and transported to Sydney Airport. Alighting at one of SYD’s terminals, students will receive a welcome pack, lunchbox and briefing about the day. Then, buses will take students on a guided behind-the-scenes tour of the airfield, a unique way to experience aviation! Please note: This tour is valid for use within the school term, on weekdays, during school hours. Valid for Term 4 2022, to extend validation period, please contact Sydney Airport. Donated by Sydney Airport.
About the School Cup Challenge
The competition is open to Primary School students from St George and Sutherland Shire schools in the 2km event.
School Cup Challenge winner – determined by the aggregate time of the three fastest runners from each school.
The winner of the School Cup Challenge will not be announced on the morning of the event. Times will be calculated and then the winner will be announced on our website and the school will be contacted. We will then organise a time to come in and present the trophy at your school assembly.
How to get involved
Are you a school? We would love your school to get involved and help promote the Beachside Dash. The more students you have enter the more chances you have of winning! And it doesn’t cost your school anything to enter, students/families who enter pay for their own registration.
How to register
Registration is easy, all students need to do is nominate your school when entering and they will not only be running for their own personal achievement but also help win for your school.
- Register your school as a team
- Visit our registration portal
- Register as a user or use the system as a guest
- Once you have registered as a user or navigated as a guest, Select “Create Running Team” from the Registration Type and then click “Continue”
- Enter your School Name as the Running Team Name and check if available to ensure no one else has already registered your team
- If it already exists, join your existing School team
- If a new team, fill in your name and email address and create a Private running Group
- You will be given a link for your team – copy this link and paste it in a safe place as you will need to provide this to your parents and students
- In your school newsletter, website and email, invite your Parents and Students to participate in the 2022 Beachside Dash School Cup Challenge
- Provide the Team Registration link that you saved above with the information
- They will need to individually register for the event, via this personalised school team link, and they can join your team.
- They will need to select the 2km Dash for their distance
- Fees are $10 per child
- Complete their registration
After registration students should…
- Start training to #RunforResearch
- Run for 2km Dash race on Sunday 11 September 2022
Please note, students who wish to compete for the race prizes must attend the 2022 Beachside Dash, no other time tracking will be accepted. The race event and timing must be completed during the designated event timeframe. The judge’s decision on the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.