Be a 2019 Beachside Dash Research Champion and fundraise for SSMRF
Online fundraising for the Beachside Dash is a fun and easy way to raise funds while participating in the Beachside Dash.
By fundraising for SSMRF you will be helping to support medical research in St George and Sutherland Hospitals, because the research we fund is conducted in your local hospitals, results are translated to patient treatment, providing the most up-to-date care for you, your families and our local community.
We want to thank you for all your hard work fundraising. We recognise this takes time and effort and we are very grateful that you have chosen to join our community and make a difference.
- Fundraise $100 and you’ll receive a re-usable SSMRF branded Brew KeepCup.
- Fundraise $200 and you’ll receive a re-usable SSMRF branded Brew KeepCup, plus you’ll go into the draw to win our Champion Fundraiser Mystery prize! Drawn and announced on the day!
Your SSMRF branded Brew KeepCup can be collected on the day from the SSMRF stand.
To be eligible to receive a fundraising prize, individuals must have registered to participate in the 2019 Beachside Dash, activated their Everyday Hero fundraising page and raised at least $100 by 6pm Thursday 5th of September 2019. Fundraising totals will be taken from individual fundraising pages on Everyday Hero.
All funds raised will help SSMRF continue to support medical research in St George and Sutherland hospitals.
Get Started Fundraising Today!
In just a few simple steps, you can create a fundraising page, personalise it, and share it via email or social media. Here are our top tips:
1. Set a goal. SSMRF supports St George & Sutherland Hospitals to facilitate life saving and life-improving research. Click here to read all the areas that SSMRF currently funds, including trauma, heart disease, lung disease and cancer. You can have an immediate impact on health outcomes today – so make your goal ambitious!
2. Write a list. Choose ten family members, friends and colleagues to ask for donations. This will ensure your fundraising kicks off with a bang. You’ll have raised your first $100 before you know it.
3. Create an online fundraising page. If you’ve registered for an event, like the Beachside Dash, you’ll automatically receive a page. Or, contact us to create your own fundraising page. You’ll need to provide your personal details, and create a password.
4. Personalise your page. You’ll be prompted to take 4 Small Actions – Upload a Profile Photo, Add a Personal Story, Post an Update and Share Your Page’s Link. This is the easiest and most effective way to connect your fundraising page to your Facebook & Twitter, and share via email. These 4 Small Actions have been proven to raise significantly more funds.
5. Be the first to donate. Again, this has been proven to work! If you put your money where your mouth is, others will do the same!
6. Ask, and ask again. Don’t be afraid to ask multiple times, or in a number of ways. If you’ve tried emailing and Facebook, you could also try sending an SMS or instant message. You could add your fundraising link to your email signature, or add a story on your website. Make promises! If you reach your goal, then maybe you’ll run in costume…or host a bake sale. There are lots of creative ways to raise a few extra dollars.
7. Post status updates on your fundraising wall. Use your page to keep your donors up to date. You can add photos – of your training and motivations. Use the page to remind people why you support medical research.