Do I have to run?
Can I enter a team?
The Dash is open to both teams and individuals. You can “create a team” or “join a team” during the registration process. Team Captains can also invite members to join their team via their Team Page. So, gather your friends, family and colleagues to enter as a team.
Can I involve my company in the Dash?
Absolutely. We are always looking to involve the community and business supporters. So, if you’re interested in getting involved in the 2023 Beachside Dash, contact the SSMRF for information on 2023 Sponsorship opportunities.
How are partners involved?
We feature our partners in lots of different ways and customise it to match your business – we’re happy to have a conversation about your needs.
How much does the Dash cost?
Online entries are now open, you can register online until 5 pm, Saturday 9 September (early bird entries close on 14 August).
You can register and pay on the day via cash or card. It’s also more expensive. So, we encourage all Dashers to register online.
When do online registrations close?
Online entries are now open. You can register online until 5 pm, Saturday 9 September (early bird entries close on 14 August).
Registrations are available on the day at Peter Depena Reserve, Dolls Point, for all Dash categories. We encourage all Dashers to register online in order to avoid queues and receive your bib with the least amount of fuss.
10km Dash on the day registrations are open from 6.45 am – 7.20 am.
5km Dash on the day registrations are open from 7.20 am – 8.50 am.
2km Dash on the day registrations are open from at 8.50 am – 10 am.
Why should I make a donation or fundraise if I’ve paid my entry fee?
Entry fees for the Dash only cover the costs of hosting the event. The Beachside Dash raises money for research at St George and Sutherland Hospitals.
What are the Beachside Dash Terms and Conditions
The Beachside Dash (called the event) will take place on Sunday 10th September 2023.
The Organiser of the event is The St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation. ABN 85 127 315 931 (Event Organiser).
Information about the event can be found at https://beachsidedash.org.au/
The event includes a 10km, a 5km Event and a 2km kids run.
By participating in the Event, each entrant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below:
- To register for the Event, each entrant is required to complete and submit an official entry form nominating the event distance, in which they will participate, and pay the entry fee for that distance.
- The official entry form is not transferable and is only valid for the person whose name and address details are listed. Entrants may only submit one entry for each event (distance).
- Entrants can register for the event in one of two ways: by completing the online entry form at Race Roster and paying the entry fee (with processing fees) with option to donate and/or fundraise; or by completing an entry form and making payment on the day.
- Each entrant must be either eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry, or have the permission of his or her parent/legal guardian to participate in the Event.
- Once successfully registered, each entrant will be supplied with an official race bib and timing chip, both of which must be worn during the Event.
- Each entrant acknowledges that it is a condition of participating in the Event that he or she does so entirely at his or her own risk. Each entrant accepts all risks and releases the Event Organiser, Sponsors (and each of their respective agents, affiliates, officers and employees), Event volunteers, all instrumentalities, cities, Commonwealth or State Councils where the Event is held, and any person or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event, from any claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s participation in the Event and indemnifies each of them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with the entrant’s participation in the Event. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds all entrants’ heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- Each entrant acknowledges that participating in the Event involves a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including, but not limited to, over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
- Each entrant should appropriately train for the Event, seek medical advice to ensure that they are fit to compete in the Event and ensure that this advice is obtained regularly and with the specific demands of the Event in mind.
- Each entrant must abide by all Event rules and directions issued by the Event Organiser.
- The Beachside Dash is a public event held on premises or property made available for community events. As such, the agreement to participate means that the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and regulations that may apply to the premises or property where the event is to be held. The entrant also agrees to follow the directions of anyone authorised to give directions whilst on the said premises or property.
- Each entrant acknowledges that safety precautions undertaken by the Event Organiser (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, etc.) are a service to each entrant, but are not intended to be a guarantee of safety.
- Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that their entry fee is non-refundable should they not compete or should the Event be cancelled by the Event Organiser due to weather or safety reasons and that entry fees are not transferable.
- Each entrant acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions and athletic equipment before, during and after the Event and related activities. Neither the Event, nor any volunteer or sponsor is liable for any damage to or loss of goods or possessions occurring at any place on the day of the Event.
- Each entrant consents to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during or after the Event.
- Entrants must supply to the Event organiser, prior to the Event, details of any medical conditions from which they suffer that might affect their performance, or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
- Each entrant consents to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of their name, image, likeness, statements or otherwise in any context pertaining to the Event or otherwise before, during or after the Event whether for advertising, promotions or otherwise.
- Each entrant understands their entry form and payment is valid only for the fun run distance they have nominated in the Event. Entrants will be disqualified if they compete in a distance other than the distance nominated.
- Entrants running with strollers can register for any distance but must start at the back of their race/event. Each entrant running with a stroller acknowledges that they involve the child in the stroller in the Event at that entrant’s own risk, and that entrant releases and indemnifies the Event Organiser, Volunteers, Sponsors and others in the same terms as they release and indemnity set out above in these terms and conditions.
- Entrants will not be permitted to use bikes, skateboards or rollerblades when competing in the Event. Pets, except guide dogs, will not be permitted on the course during the Event.
- Entrants and guests on the day acknowledge that photographs and video will be taken during the day by Event Organisers, which will be used for promotional purposes post event and for future Dash events.
- Entrants will show respect for other participants in the event and will at all times be considerate of others. Entrants agree to abide by the venue rules concerning activities, coarse language, privacy, and noise.
- The Event Organiser may share an entrant’s personal information with companies related to the Event Organiser (such as Race Timing Service – Multisport Australia) or with companies involved in the running of the Event (such as Mildren Events) or other activities by the Event Organiser. They or the Event Organiser may be in touch with entrants to let them know about events, goods, services or promotions that may interest entrants. A request to access, update or correct any personal information, or not to be contacted about events, goods, services or promotions should be directed to the Foundation’s Chief Executive Officer at Level 1, James Laws House, St George Hospital, Kogarah 2217. To qualify as a finisher in each event, you must finish the course along the exact route. The judge’s decision on the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st Male & 1st Female
- 2nd Male & 2nd Female
- 3rd Male & 3rd Female
- 1st Male & 1st Female
- 2nd Male & 2nd Female
- 3rd Male & 3rd Female
- 1st Boy & Girl Under 6 years
- 2nd Boy & Girl Under 6 years
- 3rd Boy & Girl Under 6 years
- 1st Boy & Girl 6-7 years
- 2nd Boy & Girl 6-7 years
- 3rd Boy & Girl 6-7 years
- 1st Boy & Girl 8-9 years
- 2nd Boy & Girl 8-9 years
- 3rd Boy & Girl 8-9 years
- 1st Boy & Girl 10-12 years
- 2nd Boy & Girl 10-12 years
- 3rd Boy & Girl 10-12 years
- Overall Male Winner
- Overall Female Winner
Are all the Dash distances timed?
Yes, every paying Dash entrant receives a bib and a time chip. So, if you want to run all three distances – for example – you will need three bibs and three chips.
Anyone accompanying a child 8 or under or other runner requiring support can collect an Accompanying bib on the day and run for free. Your race will not be timed.
Anyone who attempts to enter the Dash without a bib will be escorted from the event.
Are there prizes for the winners of each distance?
Prizes will be awarded in 10km and 5km for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, male and female, and in the 2km prizes will be awarded for the overall 2km winner and for individual age groups for children up to 12 years.
Presentations for each Dash event will occur once the following race has commenced. For the 2km Dash presentation, this will be at approximately 10.45 am.
Will there be participation medals?
YES! We are excited to announce that participation medals are awarded for all finishers in every event!
Can I view the map of each course online?
The 10km, 5km and 2km events will remain on the same course as the past few years, which allows runners and walkers to stay on the foot path for the entire race (which makes it ideal for setting a personal best time). The only exception is the beginning of the course, which starts on grass.
The course follows the beautiful beachside path from Peter Depena Reserve in Dolls Point, to Monterey and back.
All courses will be signposted, with marshals positioned along each course to assist with the shared paths (please note the course is not private or enclosed).
Water will be available along the 10km and 5km course, as well as at the finish line.
Will my photo be taken?
Photos and videos will be taken throughout the day, mainly at the start and finish line area with thanks to our official Dash photographer.
We’ll put up a photo gallery on the Beachside Dash Facebook page – so make sure you like it. Also, we would love to see your photos! Use the hashtag #runforresearch.
Any images taken by SSMRF staff, Board Members, Volunteers, Marshals, Sponsors, and the official Dash Photographer on the day may be used for future marketing material and on social media sites. If you have any concerns please contact SSMRF to discuss them.
Can I transfer my entry or do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately, entries are non-transferable. No refunds will be given for any cancellations. Contact SSMRF for more details.
Is parking available on the day?
On-street parking is available in the surrounding streets of Peter Depena Reserve. Please be mindful that this is a residential area and the event starts early on a Sunday morning. No parking is available on grassed areas within the park.
What are my public transport options?
The nearest train station is Kogarah or Rockdale. For more information on public transport options call the Transport Info line on 131 500 or visit the 131 500 website.
When does my distance start?
10km Dash commences at 7.30 am.
5km Dash commences at 9.00 am.
2km Dash commences at 10.10 am.
However, all Dash logistics are subject to change – so please register online to receive all the email updates regarding the day of the event – please make sure you check your junk box the week leading up to the event.
When can I collect my bib?
All bibs must be collected on the day. When you arrive at Peter Depena Reserve, head to the Registration area and look for the signs to guide you to bib collection.
Bib collection times:
10km Dash – 6.45am to 7.20am.
5km Dash – 7.20am to 8.50am.
2km Dash – 8.50am to 10am.
Where is the start and finish line?
The start and finish line will be in Peter Depena Reserve, Dolls Point (off Russell Ave). On the day registration also takes place in the same location, along with the presentations and all Dash activities from our sponsors.
Can I bring my pram?
Prams are permitted in all distances. We ask that all joggers, walkers and parents with prams to please start at the back of the field.
Is there a place to leave my valuables?
There is a free bag drop zone next to the registration desk. This will be available for participants only. Your bib number will be attached to your bag. Bag drop will be open from 7am to 11am on the event day. Please note: This area will be supervised at all times, however, the organizers take no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Will first aid be available?
First Aid will be on hand at the start/finish line and along the course for any first aid requirements. Please signal a course marshal if you require assistance.
Can I set up my own BBQ?
SSMRF has exclusive access to Peter Depena Reserve and has secured Council permission to host the Dash. So, we cannot accommodate any additional BBQs or stalls. If you’re keen to join the celebrations at the finish line or promote your business, please contact SSMRF.
Where can I find the toilets?
There are toilets located in Peter Depena Reserve and some limited locations along with 10 km and 5 km courses.
Will sunscreen be available?
Yes, we encourage you to slip, slop and slap – sunscreen will be available at registration desk should you forget.
Do you have any last advice?
Don’t forget to stay hydrated during your run, jog or walk. Also, remember that your efforts are helping to fund local medical research in our hospitals. So, thank you for your involvement #runforresearch